Skip to product information
1 of 1

Passofonduto - Occhio di Sale Rosato 2022

Passofonduto - Occhio di Sale Rosato 2022

Regular price $69.00
Regular price Sale price $69.00
Sale Sold out

10% discount for 6 or more wines

Absolutely delicious light red/rich rose from Italy. Think chilled red in the style of super light Grenache.

Elegant and a touch juicy with notes of raspberry, red cherry and lemon with a spiced finish. Light tannins and slightly chewy in the best way. Finishes fresh and clean. 

I had this with a chill and almost drank the whole bottle it was so good.

Occhio di Sale translates to "eye of the salt". Giuseppe explains: "The "Eye of Salt" for us represents a very small area (an "eye" in fact) which contains a high concentration of clay and chalk, therefore salt." Ok then.

Giuseppe on making a rosato:

"I was inspired to make a rosato for many reasons: I believe that great rosati can be made in my area, precisely because of the important characteristics that the soils have: minerality, acidity and sapidity. I believe the short maceration of the red grapes is the right compromise between history and technique."




Nero d'Avola




Central Sicily

The Fruit


Estate Grown



Minimal Sulphur


Light Bodied



This rosato is mostly Nero d'Avola with a a small amount of Catarrato, Inzolia and Moscato d'Alessandria. 80% of the blend consists of direct-press Nero d'Avola, with the other 20% a two-day co-maceration of 15% Nero d'Avola and 5% of the aformentioned white grapes. Fermentations take place in barrel and fiberglass, then blended together to age in stainless steel.

View full details